Google Places – Connecting your business with local customers
Get found on Google
97% of consumers search for local businesses online. Be there when they’re looking for you with Google Places for business – a free local platform from Google.
Help your business stand out
Add photos, videos, and offers to show customers why they’ll want to choose you. Highlight special promotions, post live updates, and respond to reviews from your Places for business account.
Discover insights about your business
Learn more about your customers: What keywords they’re searching for and where they’re coming from. Armed with this knowledge, you can make better business decisions.
Setting up Google Places
1. First sign into Google with a Google Account
If you do not have a Google Account click here to create one.
2. Enter your business’s main phone number to see if Google Maps has some information about your business.
3. Fill in all the appropriate details for your business
4. Review how you want your Google Places account to look and if you are happy validate your listing by clicking finish
5. Sit back and wait for the postcard to arrive
If you have a MySite with us then simply use the map details to set up your Google Places account.